Back Home :-)

Saturday, January 19, 2008
Posted by Josh Stephens

We're finally back home in our new apartment. We got back to Dallas last night. It's so great to finally be able to start living together as husband and wife. I'm so grateful that God has finally brought us to this place in our lives.


As we are working to unpack and organize everything, we are also getting to just hang out and enjoy being together. Gilda and I want to really understand what it means to love each other and die to self everyday. I am already realizing more than ever how selfish I can be and how much I need to ask Jesus to help me let go of my self-centered attitude and truly love my wife. I know that this is going to take a lot of prayer, patience, and hard work, but I know that God created marriage for a purpose and He will lead us if we seek him.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

You have no idea how excited Josh and I that you two are now married!! :)

Also, isn't it amazing how your spouse can serve as a mirror to show you your imperfections and ways that you need to change and become more like Christ? Gary Thomas was right when he said that marriage makes us holy. (from Sacred Marriage)

Have a great day at work today and Josh and I hope to see you and your wife soon. :)

Jacob Haynes said...

Hey Josh,

We enjoyed your wedding, it was good to see y'all and a bunch of the old Imanuel people. Glad to hear y'all had a good honeymoon. Also good to see you start a blog.