A Long Time Coming . . .

Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Posted by Josh Stephens

Well it seems like forever since the last time I posted something, so I will try to catch everyone up on what's going on right now in my life:


1. New Puppy!

If you've read Gilda's blog in the last few weeks, you've probably seen and heard about Shelby, our new puppy. She was found abandoned on a busy street by a coworker of Gilda's and we ended up adopting her.  We think she is a mix between a Pit Bull Terrier and some kind of Lab, but there's no way to know for sure.  She has grown from about 5 1/2 pounds when we first got her at the beginning of March, to almost 20 pounds today!  She is very friendly and a quick learner.  Gilda and I love having her as a part of our family.  I found another reason to like her even more a couple of nights ago - she loves Dr. Pepper!


Don't worry, we don't give it to her anymore.  I just wanted to see how she liked it  :-)


2. Law School

When I wrote my last post, I was unsure about the future, but I felt God leading me to go to law school.  Since then, God has given me some major encouragement and direction.  The Thursday before Easter, I received an email from Baylor Law School telling me that I had been accepted into the Fall 2008 incoming class! On top of that, the email also explained that I was being offered a 50% scholarship!  I couldn't believe what I was reading!  I was unsure about even getting into any school this late in the admissions process and I definitely wasn't expecting any financial aid.  I am so grateful for God's mercy and provision in bringing all of this about.  I know that it is only by His hand that I have been given this opportunity.  


As of right now, we feel that Baylor is where God wants Gilda and I to be this August and we are working toward that goal.  



I love reading friends' blogs and finding out what everyone is going through.  From friends who are searching for direction in jobs and schools, to friends who are about to add a smiling face to their family ;-),  I love hearing about it all.  I hope to keep everyone updated more than once a month in the future about what God is continuing to do in and around me.

Take care!
Josh  


3 comments:

Brian Franklin said...

I'm excited for you man! Maybe we'll have a better chance of seeing each other now that you'll cut the distance between us in half! Does Bill Berry know what you're pursuing? I bet he'd love to hear...

Hey, next time you see me, I'll have a kid. Weird, right?!

Mitch said...

I am very excited about your future!!
I hope you would be cooler than now!!

Ashley said...

I can't believe that Shelby is 20 lbs now!! She is so big! :) Are you going to be able to take her with you to Baylor? I hope so!

I'm really excited as well about you going to Baylor. It's going to be really good for both of you. Of course, being selfish I'm really sad that you guys are leaving town and wish you could stay, but now we will have friends in Waco! ;)

Talk with you soon!
Ashley