Goodbye CD Player!

Friday, June 6, 2008
Posted by Josh Stephens

So, I went out to my car this morning to go to work, and this is what I saw:



Somebody totally busted out my window last night and stole my CD player! It's OK though, I'm really not too bothered by it. I'm not happy it got stolen, and I'm not happy I had to pay $130 to fix the window, but I'm OK with it. Life is about so much more than things and there are so many other things that matter more than a car stereo.

It was cool because God put the thought in my mind of "Maybe the people that broke into my car really needed the money for a legitimate need, like food?" "Maybe they haven't been blessed with a great job that provides health insurance and a stable pay check like I've been?" Of course, there's always the possibility that they didn't really need the money, but it doesn't really matter to me. I'm grateful for God's blessings and I pray God will bless the people who shattered my window.

On a side note, we have some really great neighbors here! I think my neighbors were more upset than we were that our car was broken into! They have shown so much genuine concern for us. It has been a blessing to have the people around show that they care. I hope to be that kind of neighbor to others around me too.

1 comments:

Mitch said...

wow thats scary!!

I am so glad that you have good nighbors. :) If I were you, I would be mad.